Friday, May 13, 2005

omg omg OMG!!!

Ok...calm down...deep breaths....


So, the day I was supposed to find out about the job I ended up getting (I didn't find out until evening), I purchased an account with The Stage, the London theatre newspaper. I sent my resume to a dozen or more theatre companies advertising jobs. I got emails back from a couple saying I needed to fill out an application before they'd look at me, but I wasn't worried about it. I have a good job that I like, whatever.

I checked my email just now, and there was one from The Original Theatre saying that they really wanted to interview me, but my phone had been off the last couple of days. Which is true, because I was at work.

But they REALLY WANT TO INTERVIEW ME!!!!

oh my god oh my god oh my god....breathe....breathe...

It would be an Assistant Producer/Deputy Stage Manager position (OH MY GOD!), and they are touring Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. So I would get to tour the UK with a Shakespeare company. It would be from May-August, and would only pay 1150 pounds (I make more than that in a month at the ISP, but then I wouldn't be paying rent etc with the tour [I think]).

Since Paul and Justin, my two buddies with whom I got the ISP job, are leaving in August, I might be able to walk back into it after the tour is over. I'll need to talk to my new boss, assuming I get the tour.

I'll call them tomorrow.

Oh My God...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're remembering to breath!!!

Boy, talk about being on a hook & line! I'll be anxiously awaiting the outcome with ya!!! I've got all my digits crossed!
Thinkin of you all day!

7:23 AM, May 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home