Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A Real Update

Ok, so here is what has been going on.

The Job: Three friends and I were led to believe that we had a live-in job in a pub locked down, but the day we were supposed to get the confirmation four other dudes with more experience walked in and stole it. Bastards. So we are back to the drawing board with this one. I've got an interview at 3:30 today, and we're looking at live-ins in Scotland. I kind of want to stay in London, but we'll see. One of the crew has already left for a job up north, so we seem to be slowly splitting up. Oh well. We'll keep in touch. Summer camp friends...

Yesterday we took it easy and didn't leave the Hostel much. The day before we went and rode the London Eye. It's one of the largest ferris wheels in the world. Big glass bubbles that travel 140 meters (~420 ft) in the air. AMAZING views of London. Right across the Thames from Big Ben. We could see everything. I've got some great pictures that I can email upon request.

Later that night we went to Shakespeare's Old Globe and saw The Tempest. Much different interpretation, with minimal set ( a rope hanging from the ceiling) and only three actors playing more than a dozen roles. There were also three dancers on stage, playing spirits, elements, props, and generally helping to move things along. Great show, and I was really glad I already knew the play well. Some of my friends were totally lost, and I had to explain things to them.

At this point, I could get a pub job somewhere in Scotland without much trouble. If I take an office job and find a flat, I'm going to be kind of poor. If I take a Scotland job, I'll most likely be in a tiny little Scottish town. I'm really kind of torn here. Rent on flats is outrageous, and I REALLY don't want to share a room with people I don't know. If I go to Scotland with the kids I know...

Ahhh, the things I'm learning! So much fun.

Peace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you find something in London too. As the big guy says, "Perservierence Furthers..."
Got all ten crossed for ya.

7:03 AM, May 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home