Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Getting Lost With New Friends

Paul and I went walking yesterday morning. Oxford street is cool. It's the touristy part of town, so it was totally packed and crazy. We walked for about two hours, saw all kinds of stuff, then came back to the hostel. The theatres here! My hostel is right in/near the West End, so we saw tons of theatres. Saw dedicated houses for Les Mis, The Lion King, Chicago, We Will Rock You, etc etc etc. I could spend way too much money just going to shows.

Later we decided to go out again. I forget what we were looking for, but we got totally lost. We thought we were walking back to the hostel and ended up at the Tower of London. Completely wrong end of town. Saw more awesomeness, including The Monument (not sure why it was THE Monument, but it was), saw some neat residential areas, and ended up spending 4 hours walking. Such a great city. Not as dirty as I would have thought.

Today was orientation. Good times, good information. Met a German lad named Chris, a French Canadian girl named Karine, and an American girl named Robynn (no typos, just wierd spellings). We went to a great pub called The White Horse. Karine used to work there, but just quit to look for a better job outside of the city. I'm going there tomorrow to see if I can get hired. They are live-in, but it would be dormitory style and I can't get the room until after 2 weeks of working there (I think).

I've got the BUNAC list of how to find a Theatre job, so we'll try that. In fact, I'm going to rock it right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.......I'm finally getting to your comments.
It all sounds so far away...Your walk through the city must have been fascinating....reminding me of when I also did that in San Francisco & Boston...just walk for hours, seeing the different parts of another world...:) You go guy!
My love to you, MOM

8:39 PM, May 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home