Friday, May 20, 2005

And my final answer is...

So THIS has been a thing since last night...

Alistar, the man running the Original Theatre company, finally called me back last night just as I was leaving work. They found someone else to be thier DSM who had more marketing experiance than I. Understandable, as right now marketing is the most important thing to them. However, they really wanted me anyway and offered me a position with the tour as an ASM and Assistant Producer. Sounded good, but there were problems.

They couldn't give me a free place to stay for the 3 weeks until the tour starts, which was part of the old deal. Also, rather than a for-sure salary, I would have been paid by profit-sharing. All the actors are on that scheme. So if the show is a raging success, I would have made a lot of money. Or I could have made nothing at all.

I was flattered and encouraged by the fact that they were trying to find a place for me on the tour, but I can't afford to live for 3 weeks without getting paid. And then to come out end of August with an empty bank account and no idea how much money was coming back...

It's a shame, as the tour would have been totally awesome. But I like my (well-paying)job here at the ISP, and know I know what's going on for the next five months. I can start working on finding a permanent place to stay here in London. I'll be so glad to not be living out of a suitcase anymore. And a real kitchen...

Stayed with Jade the last two nights. Had great times. Tonight I crash with my friends and co-workers, Paul and Justin (see Paul's blog and the picture of Justin below). Find me a place, settle in, and hang out. After all, this trip was never intended to be about theatre. It was intended to be about LONDON. And that is pretty sweet.

Tomorow I go to Bath and Stonehenge with BUNAC. Should be totally awesome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ski.......Sorry the Theatre group didn't work out, but I think you made a wise decision. This way you'll be able to go see some of the great shows right there in London. Looking for a place to live will also give you a great way to scout out some London neighborhoods.
Good Luck!!! Big hugs!

6:39 AM, May 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home