Monday, August 01, 2005

Droppin' the Quick Post

Should get back to work soon. But I need to post. MUST POST!

Got a bike, but it isn't good enough. I only spent 40 pounds on it, so I not too worried. I'll just put it back up for sale on the website I bought it on. Ask 50 for it, let them feel clever when they bargin me down.

I did get to ride it through London a bit yesterday. It wouldn't hold up to the hard-core kind of riding I'd need to do with this traffic, but just tooling around through the park on a bike was WONDERFUL. I hadn't realized how much I missed it. I think now that I will drop more money on a good one, like 100 or so. I would even be willing to give up a trip somewhere next month. I know that I'd be missing out, but I want to cycle. It would be totally worth it for the everyday enjoyment. Not enjoyment, exstacy. I'd get out every day, and get to know this city so much better. And unless I find something spectacular, no more online second hand. I need a bike shop to start a realtionship with.

Brooke leaves on the 18th. I may have already said that, I don't remember. Sad. But, of course, we still have Paris. I can't wait to use that line just before she leaves. I hope she doesn't think of it before I get the chance. She's not big on cliches, so I should be good. Great setups don't come around like this every day, you know.

Been going out with the housemates to North London pubs lately. Good times, good atmosphere. On Saturday we saw a carzy-good acrobat in the outdoor part of the pub. He didn't say a word, just started doing cartweels through the tables. Bunch of backflips and handstand tricks, and then for a finale be balanced on one hane on a wine bottle! It was on top of a fence post, and he had his whole body above it. Totally wicked. He must have come away with 50 pounds just from our Pub, and he richly deserved it.

Anyway. Back to work. Post comments so I know you're out there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. I miss London something awful, and it's not even the same city anymore, really, since I was there in 1988. So much has changed there, but I can't imagine that it's not still the greatest city in the world.

I'm trying to find the time to get to Mexico this fall, but I might just git me on a plane and head to Lunnon instead.

9:23 AM, August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're here, we're here, we're just busy with summer daylight hours (does London have "Daylight Savings"?)
Don't forget to pick your MOM up a sm. bottle of Chanel #5 when you're in Paris... :)
With love ofcourse!!!

3:06 PM, August 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home