Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Long-Awaited Post

Hello all. The computer is working again, but my Internet is down at my house and I have been too busy to post anyway. Sorry about that. I'll give a quick rundown, with elaborations later.

Went to Cambridge last week to meet friends. Dreadnought (I know him best by his screen name) is a PHD student in History there, so we got an awesome tour that included lots of stuff most tour guides probably don't know about. Esoteric histories, cool-assed ghost stories, and little side notes that were just wonderful. I saw a door that is over 400 years old. It's just an average door to a dorm room, nothing special at all. The only reason it is still there is because it has never broken.

We also saw Issac Newton's apartments (from the outside), and the lawn he sat on when he quantified Gravity. The original apple tree is long dead, but one of its decendants lives in the same spot.

The entire weekend was sponsored, too. This was a going away event for a friend from Monkeyfilter. One of the Monkeys, a woman I have never met, sent me US$500 to give Alnedra a proper sendoff! Whoa! I mean, WHOA! How's that for some trust? I used to be very sceptical about meeting people on the Intra-Web, but the Monkeys continue to amaze me with thier general good-heartedness.

Here's some photos.














L-R djryan, Dreadnought, Weezel (that's me), Alnedra, alliterated arithmancer


















Alnedra, Dreadnought, and I walk in beautiful Cambridge countryside. So lovely, and so very English





















Alnedra in the resturant. Look at that view! The whole town looks like that, it seems.






Right. Moving back in time now. Last Thursday night I met a girl from New York named Andrea. We went out on Friday night, and it went quite well. Quite well indeed. We went out again last Sunday, and it was OK. She's good times, but I'm not sure where this is going, if anywhere. I kind of don't want to waste any time here, and I'm not sure this is what I want. I'm definitely not interesting in getting tied down at the moment. Considering she doesn't have a phone, it makes things extra-special. I haven't emailed her since Sunday. I should at least give her one more chance, I suppose. It's not that there is anything wrong, I'm just not sure she's my type. Whatever.

The weekend previous to that, I went to the Notting Hill Carnival. Crazy stuff. I've got pictures at home that I will post when the 'Net is up and running. In fact, I think I'll save it for then.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Great blog. Sounds like you are having a great time!

6:04 AM, September 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home