Saturday, May 21, 2005

Wow...

Stongehenge was incredible. It made me feel very young and yet part of something very old. I found it easy to be alone with the monument, despite the 50+ people there.

There were crows nesting there...

They didn't let us anywhere near the thing, of course. You were given a little speaker-thing that you could listen to and would give you a recorded tour. I listened to a few entries, but found I didn't really care what they told tourists. It was windy as hell, and the rain went from light drizzle to annoyingly stiff and back again in rapid successions. I didn't really care. I just wanted to be alone in the middle of the circle on a moonlight night.

When we got back to the bus, most everyone else had the attitude of ,"Those famous old rocks were pretty cool." They didn't understand. I was left feeling sober and introspective, and very much at peace. The peace that radiated out from it was palpable. I walked in the footsteps of the Goddess today, and I feel slightly more complete than I did before.


Bath was beautiful. The group of 30ish people who went on this thing all walked up to the center of town, where the Roman Baths are. I went with Karli and Bree instead. Bree had been there last year, and she wanted to show us a little church she found that wasn't near the tour. The architecture there is magnificent. Even newer houses and structures (of which I saw few obvious) were built in the traditional style. Every nook and crannie had something growing in it. It was sunny and rainy all day, a very pleasant combination of both.

The Abbey of Bath was beautiful, with HUGE stainded glass windows. While just as aestheically and architectural impressive, I didn't feel any connection to it.


Must find a place to live now. Hopefully going to go see a place tomorrow. House, three other people, sound chill as hell, and they would rather leave the room empty than let someone they don't know move in. 45 minute commute to work, though. I'm looking at at least 30 minutes door-to-door anyway, but it's still way the hell out in Zone 3. We'll see.

Must sleep now. Crashing at Justin and Paul's house. Floor is calling...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW is right! I'm SO glad you're doing this!!!

This is stuff you'll tell your kids about!!!

I wish you could get a camera...

Big, Big hugs !!!

8:11 AM, May 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I am really glad you are taking everything in over there. I'll have to check it out before the world blows up (and we all know thats not much time). Hope we can chat some time soon man-

10:49 PM, May 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home