Sunday, June 19, 2005

hot...

Well, it's summer here. This is a very new development. Last friday it was rainy and crappy on the way to work, same as it has been for two weeks. By the time I got off, it was high summer. The weather has stuck around all weekend, and I spent a good chunk of today walking through Camden Market in shorts and a tank top. Thank GOD!

Being a northerner, I'm not really bothered by shitty weather. But in Idaho, your long hard winter gets rewarded by an awesome summer every time. Here, summer the way I think of it lasts about a month, if that. However, if I do get to go to the Very Exotic Place (which I'm no longer allowed to name in my blog), it will be just starting summer there. And I doubt there will be any lack of it, too. Southern Hemisphere, and all.

Going to call Amber tomorrow. According to Swingers (great movie, go rent it), three days is correct amount of time to wait before calling. And it is traditional in my land to take all behavioral cues from Hollywood, so who am I to disagree?

I really need to get a bike. I might be able to swing it this month, depending on how much Ampsterdam costs me. I think I'd sacrifice a trip somewhere this next month for a bike instead. I need to be active again, and I really don't want to ride the Tube in July. It's already oppressively hot during rush hour, and I have heard stories of people passing out in the cramped space. Everyone wants to get out as soon as possible, so they pack into trains a bit much. More than once I've decided I have the time to let that one go.

I was in Hyde Park the other day, and it just made me want a bike more. I need to be able to cover much more ground if I'm to explore this city properly.

Daniel gets here Wednesday late night, leaves Thursday afternoon. Not much time, but it'll be great to see him.

Speaking, must arrange that.

Ciao

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading...mmmc PS, it's finally sunny today and supposed to get up to low 90's.

7:46 AM, June 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ski...you know for sure that you are going to the "Very Exoctic Place"?

12:03 PM, June 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home