Friday, May 27, 2005

Free at last, free at last, thank Life, the Universe, and Everything, I am FREE at last!!!

5-26-05, 10:17 pm
Music: “Lean On Me,” covered by Rockapella
Weather: Really nice
Mood: Jubilant
Place: My room in East Ham, London




I found a place.



It’s out in Zone 3, so it’s 45 minutes to an hour to get to work, but I think I can cut that down. And you really can’t get anywhere here in less than 20-30 minutes at rush hour, anyway.

It’s nice (read=not a hole), the neighborhood is good, got a little back yard with some wildlife (saw a toad and two cats--seems a good place for spellcasting…). Three roommates, none of whom I’ve met. One guy is only here when is in London, which is rarely. One guy is moving out in 2 weeks, and if I’m still here I can have his much bigger room. Third one lives here. Should prove interesting.

Notice I said “if I’m here in two weeks.” I went and saw a place a couple of nights ago that was really nice. Cool roommates of an alternative mindset, to the tune of…………..

11:35 pm

Just me the resident roommate. Had a good long hangin’-out. Cool guy. Good to know.

Ok, gotta wrap this this. I’ll find out about the other place end of next week. Thought I wanted to take it over this place, but not so sure now. We’ll see how this place works out.

Just got paid. Good thing, too. Situation wasn’t desperate yet, and now it won’t be.

Apparently I’m going to France tomorrow. Friends priced out an entire weekend including stay, food, and spending money for around 150 quid. I’ll read that as at least 200, and it sounds like fun. We have a bank holiday this weekend, so we get Monday off. I don’t know any details, but the South of France and beeches are involved, as is Paris. I’ll be back on Monday.

Sweet.

Oh right, I remember the other news. The Exotic Place.

My job is a temp position while they try to shut down the current CS centre and set one up in A Very Exotic Location. It is still all up in the air at the moment, but IF it goes through, my boss agrees with me that I should be involved in the project and shipped down there to work in the new customer service center. In A Very Exotic Location. Where I’d (maybe) be going in September or October. Instead of going back the States.


A Very Exotic Location.


Whoa.


Must pack for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home